BE INVOLVED: STUDENT COUNCIL
The ZotCon University Student Council is the heart and soul of ZotCon University. Throughout the school year, the ZotCon University Student Council (ZCSC) plans and hosts events in hopes that everyone can celebrate together their love of Japanese culture. Our biggest event, the ZotCon University Annual School Festival can only serve as a testament to our hard work and our dedication to bringing an amazing experience to all of our students! Although being a part of the ZCSC can be hard work, seeing the smile on everyone’s faces and seeing everyone have a good time makes everything even more rewarding.
If you’re interested in joining the ZotCon University Student Council, check out our ZCSC Roles below!
Executive Officers are the head of the Student Council. All final decisions will be made by them and they are generally appointed through seniority and/or experience. Although there are many responsibilities as an Executive Officer, they are general split among them. Executive Officers mainly deal with the administrative aspect of ZotCon University.
- Plan out schedule/deadlines for events
- Communicate with venues and sponsors for events
- Host biweekly Student Council meetings
- Seek out Special Guests for events
- Plan fundraising opportunities
- Respond to any and every questions people may have about ZotCon University or any hosted events
- Post on all social media accounts
- Plan out budgeting and financing events
- Appoint new Student Council members
The Artist Alley Coordinators are what makes our Artist Alley successful. They essentially plan, map out, find, and screen artist who they deem to be a good fit in out Artist Alley.
- Create Artist Alley Applications
- Screen Artist Alley Applicants and choos the ones that suit ZotCon University’s Artist Alleys the best
- Help Artists with any required documents/paperwork
- Create a floor plan for Artist Alley
The Cosplay Coordinators are the ones who help our Cosplayers shine! They are in charge of hosting as well as planning out the Cosplay Contest we hold during our School Festival.
- Create applications for the Cosplay Contests
- Screen Cosplay Contest applicants and stay in contact with them regaring any questions they may have
- Seek out judges for the Cosplay Contest
- Plan out the awards/categories for the Cosplay Contest
- Create the judging criteria for the Cosplay Contest Judges
No convention is complete without gaming! The Gaming Coordinators will play out various gaming events both tabletop and digital. These include tournaments, planning specified areas for the various activities, and gather the equipment necessary to hold the events.
- Create and plan out tournaments
- Create a floor plan for the different gaming areas
- Contact various places to try to gather equipment for the game rooms
All our pretty pictures must come from somewhere! Our Graphic Designers are the ones who will create graphics and images for us to use as promotional material, merchandise, and for event decorations. Basically, they’re the ones who make all of our events look so amazing!
- Create graphics for social media posts and promotional material
- Update Ari’s look with new clothes and styles for the different holidays/events
- Create merchandise for our events
We believe that our events are a great way to teach others about things students in our University are interested in. This where the Panelist Coordinator’s role comes into play. They are the ones responsible for finding those who want to spread their knowledge and give them a platform to teach others.
- Create applications for Panelists
- Screen Panelists and choose those who are a good fit for our events
- Coordinate with Panelists to ensure their panels run smoothly and successfully
- Outline a schedule for the Panelists
No event can go on without some great performances! Our Performance Coordinators are the ones responsible for gathering talents to showcase for our events’ entertainment.
- Create applications for Performers
- Screen Performers and choose those who are a good fit for our events
- Coordinate with Performers to ensure their performance run smoothly and successfully
- Outline a schedule for the Performances
Volunteers are one of the most important aspect of our events. The Volunteer Coordinator are the ones that oversee and create the training plans as well as chooses where our volunteers will be placed.
- Create applications for Volunteers
- Create plans on how Volunteers will be spread around the events and their responsibilities
- Coordinate with Volunteers to ensure their panels run smoothly and successfully
- Outline a schedule for the Volunteers to make sure everyone gets their proper breaks and rests while still making sure enough hands are present to run our events
Discord is the number one place for our Students to communicate with each other, so we need to make sure we create a space for them to enjoy themselves and share their passions. The Discord Community Manager will be the one to make sure everyone can have that safe space to interact with. They will also be in charge of hosting events such as Watch Parties and Game Nights.
- Moderate our Community Discord Server
- Host Anime Watch Parties
- Host Game Nights (We will provide for the games you would want to host)
- Interact with the Students
ZotCon at UCI is our sister club at UC Irvine. Through them, we are able to host our events on UCI’s campus. Student Representatives will act as our middle man between ZotCon University and UCI. Student Representatives can also hold a position as other members of our Student Council as well!
- Help promote all ZotCon University events at UCI
- Conduct fundraising opportunities at UCI
- Help with venue planning and talking with UCI Administration to host our events on their campus